Insert Pipe Sleeve | Pipe Sleeve for Internally Coated Pipelines
Mettalo Piping Inc.
Manufacture and Supply Insert Pipe Sleeve
Fittings for Field Joint Connection.
is our copywrite Trademark, and all our Products Sold worldwide under this Brand.
Our Insert Sleeve
sole purpose is to give Pipe I.D. Girth Weld Protection, it Protects the Pipe Internal Diameter Coating from Damaging Weld Spatter During Installation without disturbing the Flow inside the Pipeline.
What is Insert Pipe Sleeve / Internally Coated Sleeve ?
Pipe used to Transport Water, Oil, Gas, and their products is typically configured in lengths of up to approximately 45 feet, and more typically less than 40 feet. Therefore, to span any substantial distance, these individual lengths of Pipe must be Connected end to end. The most common method of attaching the individual lengths of pipe is by welding their ends together. Welding of the pipe ends presents several pipe material protection problems. First, where the pipe is protected by a thin polymer coating, the Heat Generated during welding destroys the coating adjacent the weld joint. This exposes the pipe material to the corrosive and erosive fluids passing through the pipe, which may lead to failure of the Pipe. Additionally, the weld itself may be Attacked by the Gases and Fluids passed through the Pipe. Therefore, the weld area, and the Pipe Adjacent the Weld, must be Supplementally Protected from the Erosive and/or Corrosive Pipe Environment.
A Metallic Sleeve
is placed into the ends of Two Adjacent Pipes prior to welding the Adjacent ends of the Pipe together. The Sleeve includes a Circumferential Recessed Area which Aligns under the weld as the weld is formed, and a Seal Disposed on either side of the Recessed Area. An Insulative Wrap and a Plurality of Heat Retaining Strips are received in the Recessed Area. The Heat Retaining Strips span the Recessed Area, and Contact the Mass of the Metallic Sleeve at either end of the Strip. Each strip also includes alignment bosses thereon, to which the pipe ends are Physically Engaged to provide a Preselected Gap between Adjacent Pipe Ends, and to center the Sleeve between the Two Pipes. The Metallic Alignment Pins / Tabs are sacrificed into the Weld during Welding.
The Design Purpose of the Pipe Insert Sleeve is to provide a Coherent Internal Coating for the Internally Coated Pipes, with considering the Cleaning and Operating Work of Pipeline after Installation, and Increase Pipeline Service Life.
A Coated Pipline Service Life reduces by upto 75% if it's Girth Weld Area are not protected against Corrosion.
Our Insert Pipe Sleeve
comes in range from 2" NB (60.3 MM) to 64" (1625.60 MM) NB, can be Internally and Externally Coated with All types of Liquid and Powder Coating used in Industry. Our Product is and Alternative to Expensive Field Joints Coating Robots, which offer Economical and Flexible Method of Field Construction.
Size Range, Pipe Specification and Grade: -
- Insert Pipe Sleeve Size - 74 MM to 1666 MM
- Carrier Pipe Size - 2" NB (60.3 MM) to 64" NB (1625.60 MM)
- Sleeve Thickness Size - SCH 10 to SCH XXS
- Length - 90 MM TO 250 MM and can be Customised
- All Our Sleeves Tested & Inspected for Dimension Check, Tolerance Check, MTC Review, Seal Ring Reports, Coating DFT Check, 100% Coating Holiday Test, Coating Adhesion Test, Curing Test as per ASTM, ASME and API etc.
Pipe Specification: -
- Carbon Steel - API 5L PSL 1 & PSL 2 (Gr B to X70), ASME SA / ASTM A53, ASME SA / ASTM A106
- Low Temperature Service Carbon Steel - ASME SA / ASTM A333, ASME SA / ASTM A671, ASME SA / ASTM A672
- Alloy Steel and Chrome Moly Alloys - ASME SA / ASTM A335, ASME SA / ASTM A691
- Stainless Steel - ASME SA / ASTM A358, ASME SA / ASTM A312
Applications of Insert Pipe Sleeve: -
Insert Pipe Sleeve
are used for various industries & applications. Few of the them are mentioned below.
- Water Pipeline - Fresh Water Pipeline, Waster Water Pipeling, Sea Water Pipeline, Brine Pipeline etc.
- Oil and Gas Pipeline - Crude Oil Pipeline, High Corrosive Gas Pipeline, Sour Service Pipeline, Sweet Service Pipeline etc.
- Refinery Pipeline
- Desalination Plant Pipeline
- Jet Fuels Pipeline
- Fuel Injection Pipeline
- Fire Water Safety Pipeline
- Refineries Pipeline
- Petrochemical Plant Pipeline
- Offshore Pipeline
- Onshore Pipeline
- Spool and Fittings
Features of Insert Pipe Sleeve: -
Insert Pipe Sleeve
are variouse Features, Few of the them are mentioned below -
- Girth Weld Protection - Isolate the burn-back 1-2 of the coating from Welding Seam and protect the steel substrate.
- Environment Accomodation - Chemistry Matched with Pipe for Corrosive Environment.
- Enhance Flow - Smooth Surface and Tapered Ends help to Increase flow and reduce Turbulence.
- Permanantely Anchor - The fitting is permanently anchored to the pipe when the fitting’s recessed metal backing ring is blended with the two pipe ends during the weld process with Tabs / Pins.
- Coating- Can be Coated with Any Industrial Liquid and Powder.
Advantages of Insert Pipe Sleeve: -
Insert Pipe Sleeve
are variouse Advantages, Few of the them are mentioned below -
- Applicable to Onshore, Offshore, Plant and Municipal Pipelines
- Protects the I.D. coating from Damaging Weld Spatter during Installation.
- Accomodates All Pipe Sizes and Grades in API 5L, ASME, ASTM Material Like Carbon Steel and Stainless Steel.
- Installs with Normal Welding Process, No Special Qualified Welder Required.
- Isolates the Girth Weld Area, providing a 100% I.D. coated Pipeline
- After Installation it becomes a part of the Finished Pipeline providing Permanent Corrosion Protection same as Carrier Pipe.
- Cheaper in compare to Robot Coating and Fast Assembly and Easy Installation.
- Creates a Full Penetration Weld that is 100% X-Ray / UTI Compatible per API & ASME Specifications
- Attachment System Acts as an Internal Line-up Clamp while Automatically setting Weld Gap
Specification and Standards of Insert Pipe Sleeve: -
- API: American Petroleum Institute
- API 5L - Specification for Line Pipe
- API 1104/ANSI 1331.3 - The procedure and quality of radiography examination limits of acceptability, repair and removal of defects etc
- NACE MR0175 / ISO 15156 - Materials for use in H2S containing Environment in oil and gas production.
- NACE SP 0188 - Discontinuity (Holiday) Testing of Protective Coatings
- NACE No. 1 / SSPC-SP5 - White Metal Blasting
- NACE TM 0186 - Holiday Detection of Internal Tubular Coatings of 10-30 Mils Dry Film Thickness
- NACE TM 0384 - Holiday Detection of Internal Tubular Coatings of Less Than 10 Mils Dry Film Thickness
- NACE: National Association of Corrosion Engineers.
- ASTM: American Society for Testing Materials Iron and Steel
- ASME Section IX
- SSPC: Steel Structures Painting Council
- SSPC-V1S1 - Visual standard for Abrasive blast cleaned steel
Coating of Insert Pipe Sleeves: -
Insert Pipe Sleeve
can be Internally and Externally Quoted with All Types of Liquid and Powder Coatings, few mention below -
Plasite 7159 PDS 1-07, Plasite 7159, 7409 PhenGuard 930, 7435 PhenGuard 935, 7436 PhenGuard 940, 7497 SigmaLine 2000, Enviroline 405HT, Hempadur 85671, Interline 850, Intertherm 228, Interzone 954, Sigmashield 1200, Corvel 10-6051, 3M Scotchkote 134 FBE, 3M Scotchkote 345, 3M Scotchkote XC 6171 etc.
Insert Pipe Sleeve Recommended Installation Procedures
1) Check pipe ends condition to ensure no damage. Clean dust, water, any contamination that would affect instalation. Heat pipe ends to temperature 60-80℃ to remove moisture or water if detected any. Measure pipe inside diameter at least horizontally and vertically and shall be within allowance.
2) Coating on the pipe insert sleeve shall not be damaged, contaminated or having other negative defects. Make sure that the sealing rings, heat-resistance tape and other accessories are in well condition.
3) Mix epoxy mastic according to mixing ratio and strictly comply epoxy pot life after mixing as recommendation from manufacturer.
4) Apply epoxy mastic evenly onto the cleaned pipe internal cutback area with amount as recommended for each pipe size. The applied epoxy mastic shall form a good beam between sleeve end and pipe internal surface after installation of sleeve.
5) Insert the sleeve into one pipe end till the pins reach pipe bevel end. The inserting process shall be horizontally evenly pressing by hand. Insert the next prepared pipe end with epoxy to the porrect sleeve until the pins reach pipe bevel end.
6) Comply with standard API 1104 or SAE31.1 chapter 9 for the welding procedures. Use lowest applicable heat setting of the welding machine. The welded area must be well ventilated and properly protected from inclement weather. Pipe coatings and epoxy may produce harmful fumes during the welding process. Product MSDS shall be referred during welding process.
7) If preheating is required, the heating can be done from pipe external after applying epoxy mastic however shall not exceed 120℃. Ground lead shall be attached mechanically to either pipe end, but never on sleeve tabs and shall never be welded or attached to the center of pipe. A pipe external clamp may be used for alignment and ends securing to weld tabs purposes.
8) All welding activities must be downhill at 7 to 10 inches (175 to 250mm) per mintue. A weep hole of 0.5” to 1”(12.7 to 25.4mm) shall be left to allow expanding gases to escape. When crossing the welding tab, a weaving motion of the electrode must be made to insure complete melting.
9) Do not start intermediate passes until the weld has cooled down to 120℃ or lower. The weep hole can be closed at the beginning of the first filler pass. Apply as many passes as necessary to complete the weld and always keep downhill welding. Slags and other welding products shall be removed between passes.
Field Joint Connection Names: Thru-Kote™ UB System, Mettalic Sleeve, Cylindrical Corrosion Barrier, I.D Coupling, Inside Connection, Grit Weld Protector, Field Joints Coated, Internally Coated Sleeve, Pipe Insert Sleeve etc.
Email us now for Buying Pipe Insert Sleeves